*To apply to S3 send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021 11:59pm ET.
*Please include your name, one still image, and one link to your video.
Rather than a standard festival or exhibition, we are calling for video and sound artworks (up to 10 minutes). To encourage a literal pause in life and ‘mindful use of this easily accessible medium’ by underscoring critical thought and creation. Leaning away from social media and insta- “content creation” (vanity metrics) we hope to allow a straightforward space without the unnecessary pressure of views/likes.
Viewers will see a series of “curated pauses,” -stills- that will live in each season's archive. Each Artist will be highlighted and the still image will link to the corresponding Artist’s work. This is to encourage visibility in the Artist’s own environment. Rather than an Artist statement or bio, we will be conducting a series of micro interviews to include on each Artist who wishes to participate. This is to give a more in-depth and critical lens into their work and themes.
We will continue to experiment and explore within these restructures. Moving forward, only selected artists will be sent an email notification.
S3 Results will be posted here by Friday January 14, 2022. Please read over our FAQ before submitting. We appreciate your time and look forward to getting to know your work.
Thank you and take care!
DEBBIE Y.J. LIN + Bridget Moreen Leslie
- Submitted works must include both your original video and sound in the same piece. If you are not the sole creator of the video and/or sound, please include any collaborators.
-Works should be linked to either your website, vimeo or your preferred video platform.
- Works should have a running time of 10 minutes or less.
- We will not be selecting the still (paused image) from the work. You will need to send an image of your choice (a paused place in your video).
- Please no artist headshots or documentation. It must be a still image from the submitted work.
- Archives will exist on this website indefinitely. Our goal is to create a space for likeminded artists to find others working in the same medium. (Please send us updated links if your domains or hosting platforms change)
- There is no cost associated with submitting or having your work remain in the archive. We want this to be accessible and useful for all.
- We will not have any ownership or rights associated with the submitted image. The still sent to us will belong to the Artist.
- All information is saved for archival purposes (never sold and will never be shared without your permission). If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
• • •
Season 1: June 4, 2021
Season 2: October 1, 2021
Season 3: forthcoming February 4, 2022